Job Title: Senior Manager – Chamber of Commerce
Direct Report: President /CEO
Job Description: Manages day-to-day Chamber business operations and drive membership development, member programs and engagement activities. In addition, manage the Chamber budget and grow revenues for the organization, while managing assigned staffing for Chamber operations and revenue fulfillment.
- Drive Chamber Revenue thru various initiatives to include membership revenues, fund-raising event revenue; Sponsor and partnership revenue development; Membership and community in-market event revenue.
- Establish monthly/quarterly Chamber events that drive revenues and local/regional participation. Grow Chamber Budget revenues to $300k by 2021 budget year.
- Establish monthly/quarterly networking and business development activities for members and prospective members.
- Facilitate member’s education, training and engagement on all Chamber business tools and assets. Drive members utilization of website and Chamber Master business enhancement products.
- Promote the Port Aransas Chamber’s mission statement and educate strategic directives to the membership, business and local community.
- Oversee and manage all Membership facing communication programs to include E-news, social media and other outreach activities.
- Work with Chamber CEO on regional & state programs for the development of increased traffic to member businesses and for member business efficiencies
- Promote and manage strategic relationships with, nonprofits, educational and community leaders, and local businesses
- Directly supervises staff and directly carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Fifteen percent travel time out of region is expected.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
Key Qualifications Necessary:
- 3-5 years of experience in senior management role with a Chamber of Commerce and managing support staff positions. Experience in Chamber member and CRM systems such as Chamber Master or Sales Force. An Associate degree, or equivalent, is preferred.
- Proficiency in raising Chamber revenues from multiple sources & activities. Validated experience in driving Chamber revenues via fund-raisers, chamber membership events, community events, membership revenues, advertising/partnership revenues, member enhancement programs and other revenue generating programs.
- Enthusiastic and high-energy professional characteristics that will drive member participation, programs consensus, and member collaboration. Experience with general Marketing, advertising programs and social media as a marketing and communications tool.
- Proven experience in building membership programs, business and Chamber training programs, business enhancement and improvement programs, and business partnership and networking activities.
- Experience in working with local and regional governments, and building advocacy programs and partnerships.
- Proven ability to work positively with the business community, strategic partners, sponsors, and volunteers. Experience in building member communication programs and collateral.
- In-depth skill set in managing general Chamber budget management, accounting processes, and current HR principals and programs.
- Extensive experience in building and managing local Chamber events that generate revenues and member/community participation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and must be able to work a flexible schedule including evening and weekend events.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.